1/1 Photo of Chinese Baby Corn and Peppers
From another website, www.dianaskitchen.com. A light veggie side dish with an Asian flair.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (optional)
- 1In a one-quart microwavable casserole, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch, sesame oil and vinegar.
- 2Stir to coat well, cover and microwave on high heat 4 to 5 minutes; stir once halfway through cooking.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the corstarch with 1 tablespoon of water, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch completely.
- 4Add it to the vegetable mixture along with the sesame oil and vinegar. Stir well, then cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce is thickened.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Baby Corn and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 364.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g