Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The apricots in this dish really cut through the richness of the duck. Serve with prepared cous cous.
- 4 duck breasts
- 4 ounces dried apricots, ready-to-eat
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- Preheat the barbeque.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a long slit in the leshy side of each duck breast to make a pocket.
- Divide the apricots and shallots between the pockets and secure with skewers.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a small bowl and brush all over the duck.
- Sprinkle with the Chinese five-spice powder.
- To make the garnish, make a few cuts lengthways down the stem of each scallion.
- Place in iced water and leave until the stems start to curl. Drain before using.
- Cook the duck over medium hot coals for 6-8 minutes on each side. Remove the skewers, set on a bed of cous cous and garnish with the scallion curls.
- Serve immediately.
My husband was skeptical, but even he liked it. We tried it with wild goose.