Recipe by **Jubes**
Can be served warm but best chilled until firm and serve with fresh mango or fresh/canned lychees. This dish is gluten free (glutinous rice flour does not contain gluten). A heavy based saucepan is a must for this recipe for the heat to be conducted evenly. A time consuming recipe.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup glutinous-rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a heavy based saucepan,combine the rice flour and the ground almonds. Slowly add the water to form a thick, smooth paste. Add a little more water if necessary. Stir in the milk until smooth.
- Place the saucepan over a low heat and cook, stirring very frequently, for about 75 minutes. The mixture should then be thick and smooth. Be very careful that the mixture does not stick during this stage.
- Gradually add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into 6 small Chinese rice bowls.
- Chill slightly and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until firm. Serve with fresh or tinned fruit. Mango or lychees work well.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not include chilling time.