1/1 Photo of Chinese Almond-Peanut Butter Cookies
This came from a co-worker in Hawaii.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, peanut butter, and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Add flour.
- 3Make three wells in the mixture, add the egg to one well, the lye wter, water, baking powder and baking soda to the second, making sure that the mixture bubbles as these ingredients are added.
- 4Add the almond extract to the third well.
- 5Mix thoroughly.
- 6Knead for several minutes, roll into 3/4" balls.
- 7Press with forefinger and color indentation with red food coloring.
- 8Bake at 300° for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Almond-Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (866 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 17.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g