Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Cooks.com. by request. I haven't tried it yet. May 27. I finally got around to trying this. I doubled the recipe. I used a 1" cookie scoop and got 34 cookies. I sifted the cake four and icing sugar before measuring. The almonds I ground up in the food processor. They were fine but too large to be sifted. I used regular canola oil. 12 T is about 3/4 cup. They were good but I don't think I'd make them again. I'd give them 3 stars if I was reviewing, UPDATE--My DH loves the cookies!! I guess I will be making them again.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground blanched almond
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 24 whole blanched almonds
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and ground almonds together.
- Add oil.
- Stir in egg and extract.
- Roll dough about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into small rounds.
- Press whole almond in center.
- Bake at 375 degrees F about 15 minutes.