1/1 Photo of Chinese Almond Cookies
These cookies are nothing short of amazing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed beat butter and sugar until creamy (about 4 minutes).
- 3Add in whole egg and almond extract and beat until well blended.
- 4In a small bowl mix together flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- 5Shape the dough into about 1-inch balls, then flatten slightly with hands.
- 6Place on a large buttered baking sheet.
- 7In a small bowl beat the egg yolk with milk until blended; brush the cookies with the egg mixture (discard any remaining mixture).
- 8Press 1 whole almond in the center of each cookie then sprinkle with about 1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- 9Bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- 10Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets then use a spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Almond Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 55.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g