Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are beautiful and tasty!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (I always use a little more)
- 1⁄3 cup whole blanched almond
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Cut in the butter. Add egg and almond extract. Mix well.
- Gather dough up with fingers to form a ball. Roll out to ¼ inch. Cut with a 2 inch round cookie cutter (or a glass).
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Place an almond on top of each cookie. Bake for 15-20 minutes.