Cookies to have anytime . I made them for a Luau. One make ahead dessert.
Make and share this Chinese Almond Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour with sugar, soda salt and cinnamon into a large bowl or food processor by pulsing 3-4 times. Mix in shortening and knead thoroughly (8 to 10 minutes by hand 60 second to 1 minute with food processor).
- Combine egg and almond extract; stir into flour mixture. Mix well.
- Shape into balls using 1 tablespoon of dough.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and make a depression in the top with the thumb. Press a blanched whole or sliced almond into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Makes six dozen.