Top Review by lovemysailor42
Very tasty...I switched it up bit and used 2 cups flour, 1 cup butter instead of shortneing, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, I omit the coconut, and added 1 cup ground almonds. Hubby said they may be one of the best cookies I've made!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- almonds, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together; shortening, sugar, egg, water and extract.
- Add sifted dry ingredients. Add coconut.
- Knead dough for a few moments. Shape into small balls.
- Placed on greased cookie sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in flour.
- Put 1/2 almond on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.