I don't know where I got this recipe but it's good.
Make and share this Chinese Almond Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Blend lard, sugar and 1/4 cup almonds in a food processor until it has a coarse meal texture.
- Add extract, eggs and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add flour mixture.
- Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Form 1-1/2 inch balls; press down; add almond half to indentation.
- Dip fingers in egg yolk and dip on top of cookies.
- Bake cookies on a floured cookie sheet 5 minutes at 375F and 8 to 10 minutes at 300°F to make sure dough is stiff.
- You may need to add a little more flour.
this is a really good cookie recipe