1/2 Photos of Chinese Almond Chicken
This variation has snow peas and water chestnuts. We love it and hope you will too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (minced or grated)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces almonds (slivered or halved)
- 4 ounces snow peas (sliced)
- 5 ounces water chestnuts (drained and sliced) or 5 ounces bamboo shoots (drained and sliced)
- 1Marinade chicken pieces in garlic,ginger,soy and cornstarch for 15 to 20 minute.
- 2Mix sauce ingredients together in small bowl, set aside.
- 3Heat wok with 1 tablespoons oil and stir fry almonds until lightly browned; set aside.
- 4Heat wok with 1 tablespoons oil; add water chestnuts and snow peas and stir fry for 30 seconds, remove and set aside.
- 5Heat wok with 2 tbsp oil and stir fry chicken pieces until they turn white and firm ( about 2 minutes).
- 6Add cooked vegetables and almonds to cooked chicken in wok; mix and add sauce mixture.
- 7Stir together until sauce thickens slightly.
- 8Serve with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Almond Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 936.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g