This is a very easy, delicious Brownie recipe that tastes like a Chinese Almond Cookie. It uses one of my favorite ingredients Sweetened Condensed Milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup ground blanched raw almonds
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk, beaten, with
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 20 whole blanched almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Lightly grease a 9 inch square pan with butter.
- 3In a medium sized bowl stir the vanilla wafer crumbs and ground almonds.
- 4Stir in condensed milk and almond extract until mixture is moistened.
- 5Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 6Brush top of batter with some of the egg yolk mixture.
- 7Press whole blanched almonds onto top making 4 by 5 rows, spacing evenly.
- 8Brush surface with remaining egg yolk wash.
- 9Bake brownies for about 25 minutes.
- 10Cool completely in pan.
- 11Cut brownies leaving a whole blanched almond in the middle of each brownies.
- 12Remove brownies carefully with spatula.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Almond Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1064 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 120.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g