Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy, delicious Brownie recipe that tastes like a Chinese Almond Cookie. It uses one of my favorite ingredients Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup ground blanched raw almonds
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg yolk, beaten, with
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 20 whole blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch square pan with butter.
- In a medium sized bowl stir the vanilla wafer crumbs and ground almonds.
- Stir in condensed milk and almond extract until mixture is moistened.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Brush top of batter with some of the egg yolk mixture.
- Press whole blanched almonds onto top making 4 by 5 rows, spacing evenly.
- Brush surface with remaining egg yolk wash.
- Bake brownies for about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut brownies leaving a whole blanched almond in the middle of each brownies.
- Remove brownies carefully with spatula.