Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My older sister made this recipe and just called it "Chinese." Very cheap,simple and delicious! What could be better? Enjoy!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) box beef flavored Rice-A-Roni (I use generic equivalent)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopestir-fry seasoning
- 5 -6 dashes soy sauce
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet stirring to separate; drain and set aside.
- Make Beef Rice according to package directions, adding cooked beef, mushrooms, water chestnuts, seasoning envelope and soy sauce when you add the hot water.
- Simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes like the box says, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add extra soy sauce if desired.
Not what I was looking for in a Chinese dish. Only change I made was to use fresh mushrooms, as we don't like the rubber ones out of the can. May have this again, but would add cabbage and maybe some green pepper. Also, I needed to add more soy sauce. Thnx for posting, hottiecj.
My husband liked this. It was quick and easy casserole type dish. Thanks hottiecj. Bullwinkle