Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a great little appy roll that has that "different" flavor from most appetizers. These are a little time consuming but worth it.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 ounces shrimp, rinsed, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, combine margarine, ketchup and soy sauce.
- Stir in water chestnuts, green onions and shrimp.
- Separate dough into 16 triangles.
- Spoon about 1 T. shrimp mixture on shortest side of each triangle.
- Stretch corners of dough over filling and roll towards opposite point completely covering filling; seal edges well.
- Place rolls seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.