Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A light and truly delicious way to serve Chinese. Make a greatlunch or Sunday night supper! From AZUMAYA.com.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We loved this salad. Dave gave me a strange look when I placed the wonton filled with the salad on his plate. He said "Is that all I get" LOL They are very small portions, which was perfect for me. I only added 1 tsp of the sesame oil to the dressing and that was plenty for us. Thanks for another great salad Caroline
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 (6 1/2 inch) wonton wrappers (AZUMAYA brand)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce or 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray large (4”)custard cups or foil tart pans with oil.
- Cut wrappers into 6” circles.( use the top of a 6" bowl for a pattern.
- Fit each into pans/cups.(Edges will be ruffled).
- Lightly spray each wrapper.
- Bake until golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Remove to cool; store in airtight container until ready to fill.
- Combine chicken, lettuce, bean sprouts, onions and cilantro in large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl or jar until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon one cup into each shell and sprinkle with peanuts to serve.