Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This isn't your usual Chinese restaurant mustard sauce! This is a silky sauce lush with the flavors of toasted sesame oil and Dijon mustard! Wonderful with cold roast beef, lamb and chicken dishes. Spread on steamed fish and foods off the grill. Great on cheese sandwiches! It will keep indefinately in the fridge. Adapted from the China Moon cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended.
- Store in clean glass jar in refrigerator. If sauce separates, just whisk it to emulsify.
- Wonderful with cold roast beef, lamb and chicken dishes. Spread on steamed fish and foods off the grill. Great on cheese sandwiches!
This was a nice sauce. Very Different. I had it with cold roast beef for tonights dinner and it brought a unique flavor to the table. Thanks Sharon