Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
A twist on the old favorite sloppy joes...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 14 ounces canned Chinese vegetables
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- crunchy chow mein noodles
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain well.
- Drain the Chinese vegetables and add to the ground beef.
- Combine the corn starch and soy sauce. Add to the meat mixture and cook until heated through.
- Butter the hamburger buns and toast under the broiler.
- For each sandwich, put 1/4 of the meat mixture on the bottom half of the bun, top with chow mein noodles, then top half of the bun and serve.
I cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us & we both enjoyed your tasty & satisfying variation of this sandwich! I'll certainly be making these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This made for a pleasant lunch, that we enjoyed. A nice mixture of ingredients that blended well in this. Great oriental flavor, as I made no changes. Worth repeating again. Made for Recipe Swap #55.
what a cool idea! I added some green onions and Some Hoisin sauce to add to the Asian flavor.. very yummy!