1/2 Photos of China Grill Barbecue Salmon
The China Grill has been a Miami Beach hot spot ever since it opened in 1995. It offers funky "World Fusion" cuisine! This recipe came from them via the South Beach Diet Cookbook. I hope you enjoy it! It says this is phase 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs skin on salmon fillets (four 6 oz. fillets)
- 3/4 cup already made barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- chives, chopped-for garnish
- 1/2 head napa cabbage
- 1/2 head raddichio cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped (your choice-oyster, shitake, portabello, button)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or sake)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Chinese Mustard Sauce
- 1To make Salmon:.
- 2Preheat the grill(or broiler). Leave the skin on the salmon, if desired.
- 3Place the barbecue sauce, vinegar, scallions, and ginger in a blender and mix.
- 4Start grilling the salmon to the desired doneness(3-6 minutes each side) and baste with barbecue sauce mixture as you are grilling(or broiling). If grilling with skin, grill skin side down until the skin is crispy, then turn over and continue basting with barbecue sauce mixture.
- 5To make the Vegetables:.
- 6Take out the hard bottom center of the greens. Slice greens thinly. Heat a saucepan over high heat, add oil and saute cabbage, radicchio, and mushrooms quickly(about 3-4 minutes). They should remain crisp. Before taking the veggies out of the pan, deglaze with the white wine or sake(by adding wine to bottom of pan, stirring and scraping bottom). Add salt and pepper.
- 7To make the Chinese Mustard Sauce:.
- 8Put mayonnaise, mustard powder, mustard, vinegar, scallions, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender and mix.
- 9To Plate:.
- 10Place the sauteed vegetables in the center of each plate. Place five or six dots of Chinese Mustard Sauce around the veggies. Put the salmon on top of the veggies. Sprinkle the plates with chopped scallions. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for China Grill Barbecue Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 724.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar