Recipe by Sharon123
The China Grill has been a Miami Beach hot spot ever since it opened in 1995. It offers funky "World Fusion" cuisine! This recipe came from them via the South Beach Diet Cookbook. I hope you enjoy it! It says this is phase 3.
Top Review by kiwidutch
I just made the salmon part of this recipe. I don't quite know what I expected from this recipe, I certainly did have high expectations considering I loved the look of the ingredients. I used plenty of fresh ginger and heaped on the topping.. somehow it just didn't taste as I expected it would in the end. the ginger was there, but harder and less mellow than I expected, ditto the scallion and the vinegar tastes. I had hoped that they would have been more blended. Please see my rating system: I would have made this a "no star"rating simply because maybe the addition of the vegetables would have changed the outcome completely but somehow I can't seem to get the "no star"option. Apologies for that. Made for Zaar World Tour 2008. Thanks !
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skin on salmon fillets (four 6 oz. fillets)
- 3⁄4 cup already made barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- chives, chopped-for garnish
- 1⁄2 head napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 head raddichio cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped (your choice-oyster, shitake, portabello, button)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or sake)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Chinese Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dash mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Salmon:.
- Preheat the grill(or broiler). Leave the skin on the salmon, if desired.
- Place the barbecue sauce, vinegar, scallions, and ginger in a blender and mix.
- Start grilling the salmon to the desired doneness(3-6 minutes each side) and baste with barbecue sauce mixture as you are grilling(or broiling). If grilling with skin, grill skin side down until the skin is crispy, then turn over and continue basting with barbecue sauce mixture.
- To make the Vegetables:.
- Take out the hard bottom center of the greens. Slice greens thinly. Heat a saucepan over high heat, add oil and saute cabbage, radicchio, and mushrooms quickly(about 3-4 minutes). They should remain crisp. Before taking the veggies out of the pan, deglaze with the white wine or sake(by adding wine to bottom of pan, stirring and scraping bottom). Add salt and pepper.
- To make the Chinese Mustard Sauce:.
- Put mayonnaise, mustard powder, mustard, vinegar, scallions, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender and mix.
- To Plate:.
- Place the sauteed vegetables in the center of each plate. Place five or six dots of Chinese Mustard Sauce around the veggies. Put the salmon on top of the veggies. Sprinkle the plates with chopped scallions. Enjoy!