Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A caterer who used to provide food for some of our working meetings at work used to make these -- because so many people would request them. She was kind enough to share her recipe with me. I'd love to give her credit -- I only recall her first name which was Laurie.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- water chestnut, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshley grated ginger
- 14 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Place chicken breasts in saucepan and cover with water. Boil lightly for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Cool.
- Remove skin and bone and shred chicken with fingers.
- Mix mayonnaise, ginger, Worchestershire, parsley and pepper.
- Combine chicken, bacon, celery, water chestnuts, onion and mayonnaise mixture. Stir well.
- Lightly spread some mayonnaise on cut sides of croissant halves. Mount on chicken salad and top with lettuce.