Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
be careful it does not make your teeth hurt..these are that good..for holidays I sprinkle candies, jimmies, coconut etc before chocolate sets up..may be wrapped in cellophane and included in gift baskets..
- 16 ounces powdered sugar, reserve 1 cup
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, reserved from above
- Place ingredients in a double boiler of hot water and stir occasionally until hot and melted --
- Add 1/2 stick of cut up butter or margarine.
- Stir till melted. Add reserved powdered sugar from above.Stir to blend.
- Dip marshmallows to cover.
- Place covered marshmallows on wax paper to set.
- Be sure to use large marshmallows.
- I have put 2 or 3 on a popsicle stick and dipped them that way -- peppermint crushed up is yummy as well.use your imagination.just be sure to have additional toppings prepared and ready to sprinkle immediately after dipping.