Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Argentinian sauce is great as a marinade or over almost any grilled meat. You can use it on vegetables or just dip bread in it. Versatile and delicious. This is the recipe I developed that my family loves, but there are almost as many versions of chimichurri as there are Argentinian families. One of my favorite uses is over thinly sliced grilled flank steak.
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, firmly pack and trimmed of thick stems
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For best results use a mortar and pestle but a quick spin in a food processor works in a pinch. Simply combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and make a loose paste.
- Mix in the olive oil. If using a food processor, give it a few more spins to make sure everything is chopped fine.
- Let mixture sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours to give the flavors some time to marry.