Recipe by Galley Wench
I first tasted this wonderful garlicky herb sauce in an Argentina restaurant in La Paz, Mexico. Serve chimichurri over grilled meats and vegetables. Also great on fresh baked crusty bread!
Top Review by Doc's Mom
Yum, Yum, Yum!!! What a versatile sauce. I used it to marinade chicken on the first day and shrimp the next day with the chimichurri sauce on the side. The food processor made this recipe a snap. I used both parsley and cilantro. The key is to use a really good olive oil. I am going to be making this a lot!
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄8 cup red wine vinegar (3 ozs.)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil