Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful, fresh marinade or sauce for chicken or fish. I just used it this weekend to grill some boneless chicken thighs and they tasted wonderful
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, pack them in, you'll be glad you did
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila or 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- Place the cilantro leaves in your food processor along with the garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Pulse until the leaves are a corse chop. Slowly add in all the liquid.
- If you like it a little thinner, add in a little water, extra Tequila or vegetable broth.
This is possibly the best chimichurri I have ever tasted. The flavors are simple and fresh, and it's easy to put together. I didn't even get out the food processor, just tossed the whole thing in the blender and whipped it up in seconds. I think next time I might do lime instead of lemon, just because I love limes and cilantro together, but it's a winner just as written. It made a great accompaniment to grilled steak, too.