Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is full of fresh herbs like cilantro, oregano, & parsley. A touch of smokiness and heat from the chipotle and jalapeño peppers, And garlic, garlic & garlic! Baste grilled shrimp, beef, chicken, pork, or tofu and or serve as a sauce on the side of just about any meat or main dish.
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, and chopped coarse
- 1-2 red jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 1 dried chipotle chile, in adobo sauce seeded chopped coarsely
- 59.14 ml fresh oregano leaves
- 28.39 ml cilantro leaf
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley leaves
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- Combine garlic, jalapeño and chipotle in food processor and pulse to mince finely.
- Add oregano, cilantro and parsley; pulse to chop finely.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
This was a wonderful sauce. So fresh and easy to make. I used it to marinate some venison steaks that were given to me and also served it on the side. Wonderful! Thank you Rita for sharing another winner.
A very good and versatile sauce and made in a few minutes. I have added it to barbque sauce to marinate ribs and served it on the side to jazz up chicken.