Recipe by mollypie
This is an appetizer that I found in Bon App. Magazine. I have used it with corn chips as well as on grilled meat - it is just that versatile! It is one of those little effort big taste recipes. Has just the right amount of spicy, savory, salty, ...well it is just delish!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilie (stemmed seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves (fresh and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 8 -12 ounces queso fresco (crumbled) or 8 -12 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts (separated into leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl
- Add cheese (I usually add more) and blend together.
- Scoop on to romaine leaves.
- Arrange on a plate and serve cold.
- I have used this with corn chips as a chip and dip. I have also topped salads and grilled meats with this.