Prep 7 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This flavorful marinade is easy to make and adds lots of flavor and tenderness. I use it to marinade skirt steak. It would work equally well on flank steak or flat iron steaks. This amount of marinade works for up to 2 lbs of meat. YUM!!
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley (one bunch)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro (one bunch)
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 limes, juiced
- Put all ingredients in food processor or blender to combine.
- Pour Chimichurri into 1 gallon ziplock bag, add meat, squeeze as much air as you can out of the bag, seal and refrigerate for 6-7 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the marinade (discard marinade). Bring meat to room temperature 20-30 minutes and then grill to your desired doneness.
Having filled the freezer with some great beef has made for wonderful steaks needing to put on the grill. Used this on flank steak which came off the grill very tender with a a lovely garlicky flavor. And I too think this would work well with chicken.Thank you for sharing.
This is an excellent marinade. I used it on a flank steak and let me tell you it was the most flavorful and tender flank steak we have ever had!!! Great recipe, Love to Eat. This is a keeper!!!!
Made this with skirt steaks and they turned out tasty. Easy prep. I am thinking chicken would work well with this. Thanks for posting.