Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on any meat or poultry (or seafood) & great on a salad too! Official desc: Chimichurri sauce is a tangy herbal accompaniment that can liven up any meat or poultry dish.
- 236.59 ml packed flat leaf parsley (1/2-1 bunch)
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 44.37 ml distilled white vinegar
- 19.71 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml ground chipotle chile pepper or 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- Chop parsley and garlic together on a cutting board until the parsley is finely minced.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add vinegar, oil, salt and chipotle (or cayenne) pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- (Or combine all ingredients in the food processor & blend!).
Fantastic! This was so tangy and packed with flavor. I added a little more garlic. Thanks for sharing!
I made this recipe as a cooking demonstration for the South American Cooking Forum. It was so delicious and fresh and bright in the flavors and was enjoyed over several meals including steak, chicken and scrambled eggs. Thanks for a great recipe.
Delish. I'm so happy to find this low(er) fat version of chimichurri. I used even less olive oil and the taste was still tangy and great. I used this to marinate wheat gluten overnight, then grilled them on the indoor grill as shish-ka-bobs. It turned out really great. Thanks for posting this recipe, will make again for sure.