Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lemony, garlicky and lots of parsley! This is a delicious marinade that is typically used on beef, but its flavors make it outstanding on chicken or seafood. Grilling really brings out the true flavor, but a quick turn in a skillet on the stovetop works, too! Prep time includes marinating.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 236.59 ml minced parsley (about 1/2 "bunch")
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml coarse grind black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried oregano or 4.92 ml fresh oregano
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- Marinate chicken strips for at least 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Chicken is best if grilled (perfect threaded on a skewer), but can be pan-fried until very brown for about 5 minutes per"side" or until thoroughly cooked.
Delicious and easy. Made with with shrimp, as suggested, and grilled on the BBQ. Mmm-mm. Editted to add: Made with chicken fillets one week later. Boy is this good!
Great and easy recipe. Thank you for a keeper, the flavor was so good. I put the chicken on wooden skrewers and they were done in about 25 minutes on the grill.
I couldn't believe the flavors. I made up the marinade and put it with some frozen chicken tenders and kept in the freezer until I was ready to cook them today. Then I let them thaw all day in the refrigerator with a few minutes in the microwave until they were perfectly thawed. Then I cut them into bite size pieces and skewered with some green pepper. Finally I cooked them about 15 minutes on a stove-top grill. Delicious. I also used Italian flat-leaf parsley.