Recipe by Simply Fresh Cooking
Add flavor to your burgers with this fantastic chimichurri sauce! Super easy to whip up for your backyard barbecue party!
For the Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems (firmly packed)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the burgers
- 2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 6 whole grain buns
- 6 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced into 6 thin, round pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade; add all chimichurri ingredients and pulse on high until desired consistency is reached. Remove to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Form ground beef into 6 burger patties, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook burgers however you like them -- on the grill, in a pan, or under the broiler, and melt cheese slices on top.
- Serve with red onion and chimichurri sauce.