Chef at Heart's Note:
Great for a summers BBQ. I did not add salt and used ground turkey instead of beef (dietary requirements I found this as the Doctors office and therefore changed it. The inspiration however belongs elsewhere
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the bottom of a small skillet with the cumin; cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3For chimichurri, combine the cumin, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, and, red pepper (1 tsp salt if using), in a blender container.
- 4Cover and blend on lowest speed, slowly adding the oil.
- 5Combine ground beef, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the ground red pepper in a large mixing bowl. Shape into 12 patties 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
- 6Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chimichurri mixture in the center of each of 6 of the patties.
- 7Place remaining patties on top and seal edges. .
- 8Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 15 to 25 min (everyones BBQ is different) minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning once halfway through grilling.
- 9Brush rolls with some of the chimichurri sauce.
- 10Top with burgers, remaining sauce, and tomatoes and onions or whatever desired.
- 11Serve with side salads.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chimichurri Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 512.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar