Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for a summers BBQ. I did not add salt and used ground turkey instead of beef (dietary requirements I found this as the Doctors office and therefore changed it. The inspiration however belongs elsewhere
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup Italian parsley, fresh lightly packed fresh
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 rolls, split and toasted
- Cover the bottom of a small skillet with the cumin; cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from heat.
- For chimichurri, combine the cumin, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, and, red pepper (1 tsp salt if using), in a blender container.
- Cover and blend on lowest speed, slowly adding the oil.
- Combine ground beef, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the ground red pepper in a large mixing bowl. Shape into 12 patties 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chimichurri mixture in the center of each of 6 of the patties.
- Place remaining patties on top and seal edges. .
- Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 15 to 25 min (everyones BBQ is different) minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Brush rolls with some of the chimichurri sauce.
- Top with burgers, remaining sauce, and tomatoes and onions or whatever desired.
- Serve with side salads.