Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This bread is supposed to make the best beef sandwiches. I found this on another site and have not tried it yet.
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic or White Cycle; press Start.
I had to make some substitutions because I didn't have all of the spices and herbs that this recipe called for, and I halved the olive oil, and this bread still came out delicious! The cayenne pepper gives this bread just the right kick.
This bread is great! I cook mine in the breadmaker, and it turns out perfect every time. I upped the garlic content since we're big garlic fans, but otherwise prepare the recipe just as described. Why mess with perfection? I like to serve it slice with a little dipping oil, so you can appreciate this wonderful bread all by itself.
Great bread! Full of flavor and great texture. I also baked mine in the oven as suggested by spottie scott.