Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
The recipe is from Cuisine at Home. A delightful addition to grilled meats. When splitting the bread, try doing it by hand. This gives the bread a rustic look and leaves lots of nooks and crannies for the butter. When I split the bread I used a dinner fork and was able to "fork split" the baguette. I have adjusted the amount of ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parsley, lightly packed, chopped
- 1 baguette
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small dish, mash together the butter, Parmesan, herbs, pepper flakes, garlic and salt; stir in t he parsley.
- Split the baguette in half horizontally, spread with butter over cut side and place of grill, buttered side down, toast 1 to 2 minutes.
Yum! This smelled amazing while grilling and tasted great. I did lose some topping to the grill with it buttered side down, so I may keep it upright next time. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14
What a terrific recipe Paula. We really enjoyed this tasty treat. It was quick and easy to make and had a nice balance of flavors. It was raining here, so I broiled it in the oven and used fresh herbs, it worked great. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest - for the Suitcase Gourmets.
Loved this bread, :D. I made it to pair with a good pot of South America style red beans tonight. Ton's of flavor here and I'll certainly be making this over and over. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.