Mmmm, a zesty South American pesto adds so much flavor to this combo of tender fish, crunchy veggies and sweet mango! Adapted from Wraps by Mary Barber, Sara Corpening and Lori Narlock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mango
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded, ribs discarded, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapenos, chopped (more or less to taste)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb red snapper fillet, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked long grain brown rice, warm
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
- 1Mix the mango, bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and jalapeno in a medium bowl. Season with 1/4 teaspoons sea salt and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, or to taste. Set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the fish and season with 1/4 teaspoons sea salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Cook until fish becomes firm and turns white, about 5 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- 3Add the beans and rice. Cook until beans are warm, 1-2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat. Add the mango mixture; stir well.
- 5Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
- 6Eat and enjoy right away!
Nutritional Facts for Chimichurri Bang Bang
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 266.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar