Recipe by Sharon123
Mmmm, a zesty South American pesto adds so much flavor to this combo of tender fish, crunchy veggies and sweet mango! Adapted from Wraps by Mary Barber, Sara Corpening and Lori Narlock.
- 1 cup mango
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded, ribs discarded, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapenos, chopped (more or less to taste)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb red snapper fillet, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked long grain brown rice, warm
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the mango, bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and jalapeno in a medium bowl. Season with 1/4 teaspoons sea salt and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, or to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the fish and season with 1/4 teaspoons sea salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Cook until fish becomes firm and turns white, about 5 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- Add the beans and rice. Cook until beans are warm, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the mango mixture; stir well.
- Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
- Eat and enjoy right away!