Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pungent herb sauce originated in Argentina. Chimichurri is the classic accompaniment to Churrasco (Argentine Grilled Meat Marinade ). You can also use chimichurri as a marinade. Please note that the sauce is usually refrigerated for several days before using. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar (use sherry vinegar for a more subtle flavour)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Add the parsley, garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, cayenne and vinegar (not the olive oil yet) to a blender or food processor and pulse to process well, but do not puree. Leave a little chunky.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Let stand for least 30 minutes to mingle flavors and serve at room temperature. It is recommended to let sit in the refrigerator for a few days.
Very authentic chimichurri sauce. I used freshly ground black pepper instead of cayenne as well as 1 tsp of paprika. Will definittely make this again!