Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very quick, very simple sauce from Argentina, traditionally served with grilled beef. If you don't have fresh oregano, it's better to leave it out than to use dried, which will ruin the texture of the sauce. Since this is a fresh, uncooked, simple sauce, use the very best quality olive oil and vinegar you can afford.
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled and cut into 2-4 pieces each
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine parsley, garlic and oregano. Pulse until coarsely chopped and well combined. Scrape down with rubber spatula 2-3 times.
- Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in oil, vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately over grilled steak, or store in refrigerator up to 2 days.