Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
chimichanga made with turkey instead of beef.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package lowrys fajita seasoning mix (or any brand)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- canola oil (or veg oil)
- 10 count burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 16 ounces shredded cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- brown ground turkey.
- add seasoning and water acording to pkg directions.
- remove meat from pan.
- heat enough oil in pan to fry, about half full.
- wrap portion of meat into tortilla, burrito style.
- fill all torillas till meat mixture is gone.
- with tongs place chimichangas two at a time in heated oil, seam-side down.
- Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- serve topped with lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
These were very good! I can't believe that I made this, it was so easy. I shredded some leftover turkey breast (that was smoked) and added cumin, adobo seasoning, garlic powder as well as the seasoning called for in the recipe. They turned out perfect and I will be adding this to our Tex-Mex list of recipes in the future! Thanks for sharing!
These were fantastic! Of course, I added a little more chili powder, cumin, and salt for an extra kick. We stuffed ourselves silly on these. This recipe is a definate keeper. Thanks so, so much for sharing!
This was delicious! It was fast and yummy... AND it passed the picky eater boyfriend test. He said "make sure you remember this." TYVM for the recipe. I use toothpicks to help hold together while frying, but it really wasn't an issue with this recipe. It was more habit than anything.