Recipe by Salyra
chimichanga made with turkey instead of beef.
Top Review by 4QTpies
These were very good! I can't believe that I made this, it was so easy. I shredded some leftover turkey breast (that was smoked) and added cumin, adobo seasoning, garlic powder as well as the seasoning called for in the recipe. They turned out perfect and I will be adding this to our Tex-Mex list of recipes in the future! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package lowrys fajita seasoning mix (or any brand)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- canola oil (or veg oil)
- 10 count burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 16 ounces shredded cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown ground turkey.
- add seasoning and water acording to pkg directions.
- remove meat from pan.
- heat enough oil in pan to fry, about half full.
- wrap portion of meat into tortilla, burrito style.
- fill all torillas till meat mixture is gone.
- with tongs place chimichangas two at a time in heated oil, seam-side down.
- Fry till golden brown on both sides.
- serve topped with lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.