Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and delicious recipe for anybody that loves Mexican cuisine. A great recipe to use your "Shredded Mexican Pork" .
- 1 cup mexican shredded pork
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 2 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can chipotle peppers
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Toast tortillas until warm and soft over a barbecue grill or in a pan with no oil. Move the tortilla around the pan continuously.
- In a bowl mix cheese, shredded pork, and black beans.
- Scoop shredded pork mixture into tortillas and roll as a burrito.
- Brush burrito with oil and place in an oven at 350°F Bake for approximately 15 minutes until it's browned on the bottom. Turn off bake and broil until chimchanga is browned on top.
- --An alternate method to cook the chimichanga is to add a generous amount of corn or peanut oil to a pan and heat untill shimmering. Place chimichanga CAREFULLY seam side down into pan. Allow to brown then flip and brown the other side.
- While chimchanga is baking puree chipolte peppers. ( You should have some left over from making the "shredded Mexican pork".) Place 4 spoonfulls into a small bowl add mayonnaise and sour cream. add more chipolte as desired. mix well.
- Remove chimchangas from oven and plate. Spoon chipotle sauce over chimchanga and serve.
- You may also add about a 1/2 cup rice to the shredded pork mixture to stretch the meat if you don't have enough.