Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
My mother got this recipe out of "Make a Mix Cookery" And everyone whenever I make it always askes me for the recipe.
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 3 cups meat, mix
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- shredded lettuce
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 6 ripe olives, for garnish
- Warm tortillas in oven about 5 minutes.
- Heat Meat Mix in a small saucepan.
- Heat 1/2 inch deep oil to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) in a large skillet.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat mix over lower third of each tortilla.
- Fold the bottom edges of each tortilla over the filling.
- Fold both sides toward the center and roll into a cylinder.
- Secure rolled tortillas with a toothpick (if needed) Fry 2 Chimichangas at a time in hot oil about 2 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot over a layer of shredded lettuce.
- Top with green chili salsa, tomatoes, Guacamoleand sour cream.
- Garnish with an olive.