Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From Mom -- her famous recipe 'her way.'
- 1 lb ground beef, browned & drained
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chile salsa (La Victoria)
- 6 -8 burrito-size flour tortillas (~10 inch diam.)
- Saute onion & bell pepper in 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, and chile powder, stir.
- Add beans, cheese, and salsa, mix well.
- Wrap 1/3 to 1/2 cup filling mixture in a warmed tortilla. Place 1/3 of the way from the top, fold top over filling, fold both sides to the middle and roll toward the bottom of the tortilla.
- Seal with beaten egg white.
- Fry in 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil at 350-375. Flip once.
- Serve with toppings such as lettuce, tomato, sour cream, shredded cheese or cheese sauce, pico de gallo, salsa, etc.