Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a southwestern cookbook sent me by Nurslinda. Easy and delicious. Serve with a green salad and refried beans and/or Spanish rice. Oranges make a good dessert.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground red chile
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed (10-inch)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain excess grease.
- Add red wine vinegar, red chilies, cinnamon, cloves, green chilies,and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture in center of each tortilla.
- Brush the edges of the tortillas with the beaten egg to seal.
- Fold the tortillas over the meat mixture to make a square bundle.
- Brush each chimichanga with melted margarine.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet with seam side down.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned and heated through.
- Top with salsa and sour cream (optional).