Recipe by grandma2969
of all the foods that we call Mexican..this is one of my favorites..you can use ground chicken or beef as well..I am sure
Top Review by steve in FL
What an excellant combination of flavors! These were very tasty. I used the small flour tortillas, and made about 40 appetizer-size pieces.. I will definately be making them again, but next time will try adding some chopped jalapenos to the filling.. Thanks, grandma!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- in 10" skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey, onion and garlic until browned.ocasacionally stirring to break up meat.drain well.
- stir in tomato soup, vinegar, green chilies, oregano and cumin.reduce heat.
- simmer for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- remove from heat.cool slightly.
- spoon 1/4 cup of meat mixture down middle of each tortilla.sprinkle cheese over top of filling.roll up tortilla.
- secure with toothpicks.
- in 10" skillet, heat 1" of oil to 350*.
- fry chimichangas for 2 minutes.
- or until golden, turning once.
- remove and drain on paper towels.
- garnish with lettuce, and green onion.sour cream optional --
- I substitute rice vinegar for vinegar.you can also try this recipe with different kinds of tomato soup -- .