Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
After working at A&W Hot Dogs, my husband loved their Chimi Chili Dogs, so we came up with our own version. ery simple to make, and can be stored in the freezer for when those "munchies" come to call.
- 8 turkey hot dogs (we use Jennie-O)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- oil, for frying
- Place 1 hot dog in center of each tortilla.
- Spread 1/4 cup chili over each hot dog.
- Place 1/8-1/4 cup cheese on each (to your preference).
- Fold bottom of tortilla up over hot dog, and then fold in the sides.
- Roll up remaining tortilla.
- Place seam side down.
- Wrap each chimi chili dog in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1-2 hours, or freeze at this point.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Place chimi chili dog seam side down in hot oil and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- To use frozen: Thaw and cook as directed above, or, for quick preparation, heat for 2-3 minutes on high in microwave.
Very yummy~Thanks for posting!