Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This chilpotle ranch shrimp taco recipe was inspired by the traditional fish tacos of southern California. It is a healthy low fat dish that has lots of flavor and is extremely easy to make without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. The key to this recipe is to be well organized and have everything prepped before cooking the shrimp. The shrimp cook very fast and as soon as they are done it is fun to let your guests assemble their own tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 cup medium diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons graded lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 11. Clean and devein shrimp and remove tails.
- 22. Chop 1 cup of medium diced tomatoes, chop 1/2 cup sliced shallots, chop 1/4 cup of cilantro, shred 2 cups of green cabbage, mince 2 cloves of garlic, grade 2 tsp of lemon zest and squeeze 1 tbls of lemon juice.
- 33. To prepare the sauce combine 3/4 cup Hidden Valley Original Ranch light dressing with 3/4 cup Greek yogurt and 1 tbls of chilpotle in adobo sauce. Mix well. If the sauce seems to thick add 1 to 2 tbls water.
- 44. Set up corn tortillas in a steamer and steam half way through cooking of the shrimp mixture in the next step. Tortillas will be ready after they have been exposed to steam for about 1 minute or until soft.
- 55. Heat up a non-stick sauté pan with the 2 tbls of olive oil. When the pan has reached a medium high temperature add the shrimp, tomatoes, shallots, garlic and salt for a quick sauté. Be careful not to overcook shrimp by making sure to turn them over as they become cooked on one side as they lay in the pan. Cooking time should be about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and toss in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 66. You are now ready to assemble the tacos. Spoon shrimp mixture on one side of the steamed tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage and cilantro and then spoon a couple of tablespoons of the chilpotle ranch sauce over the taco. Fold over and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilpotle Ranch Shrimp Tacos #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.8 mg
- Sodium 783.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
chipotle chiles in adobo