- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 onions
- 1 quart potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 1 tablespoon macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot of boiling water, cook carrot while you are chopping the onions. Add to stew pot along with potatoes, rice, macaroni and salt. Add enough water to cover.
- Cook slowly til tender.
- When ready to serve, add the cream, or substitute butter and milk.
- Allow to mix thoroughly without boiling.
- Serve with crackers or hot toast.