Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe serves 10
Make and share this Chilly Day Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir onions and peppers in oil until tender yet crisp.
- Add beef.
- Cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in chili powder, add tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, salt and black pepper
- Simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kidney beans and simmer uncovered an additional 15 minutes.