Recipe by Rather Be Cookin
This is awesome, I found the recipe in a magazine. It is a huge hit and there's never any leftovers. The ice cream and pudding mixture makes the dessert. Perfect for hot summer days when you need something cool and refreshing. I promise you'll love it. You can cut down time by using a store bought angel food cake or loaf.
Top Review by Kareniscooking
I grew up eating this dessert - it was my all time favorite. I just asked my mom for the recipe the other day and made it for dinner tonight for my family. I was going to post it but found it here. Love, love, love this dessert!
- 1 angel food cake (I use The Best Angel Food Cake)
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake according to directions.
- Let cool.
- Cut cake into 1" slices.
- Arrange slices in a single layer in ungreased 9X13 dish.
- In a mixing bowl beat milk and pudding for 2 minutes.
- Beat in ice cream.
- Pour over cake.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stir in strawberries.
- Chill until partially set.
- Spoon over pudding mixture.
- Chill until firm or overnight.