1/4 Photos of Chillies Filled With Potato Masala
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Posted for the Asian Forums Eat Your Veggies December 2008/January 2009. Taken from the Australian Women's Weekly New Asian cookbook. Chillies served on their own could be considered vegan. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g potatoes (chopped coarsely)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 1 brown onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 4 banana peppers (banana chillies were specified in the recipe 500 grams)
- 1 (130 g) lebanese cucumbers (seeded and chopped finely)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (200 grams)
- 6 chapati (warmed 280 grams)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender and drain.
- 3Using a fork, crush the potatoes roughly.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook garlic and onion, stirring until onion softens.
- 5Add spices and cook stirring until fragrant.
- 6Add undrained tomatoes and cook stirring 5 minutes and then stir in the potatoes and sultanas.
- 7Make a lenghtway slit in each chilli, stopping 1cm from top and bottom, taking care not to cut all the way through, carefully remove and discard seeds and membranes (a teaspoon can be good for this).
- 8Divide potato filling among the chilli cavities.
- 9Place chillies on oiled oven tray (baking sheet/tray), cover (loosely with alfoil or lid if tray has) and roast for 30 minutes; uncover and roast for a further 20 minutes.
- 10While the cillies are roasting make the raita by combining cucumber and yoghurt in a small bowl and then serve chillies with raita and the chapatis.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chillies Filled With Potato Masala
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: